JOIN OUR TEAM
Account Manager / Marketing Manager
What's the role?
BrandWorks is looking for an Account Manager/Business Development/Marketing Coordinator to join our team of creatives in Abbotsford on a part-time basis. We are a Branding and Interior Design studio that primarily works with hospitality and retail clients. We are looking for someone who can wear many hats in a role that straddles between helping manage client accounts and assisting with progressing the studio’s network, reputation, and client base.
You will work alongside a very supportive and collaborative team, and be supported by the Business Director. With solid studio exposure, this is a great learning opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in Account Management and/or Business Developing/Marketing.
- As the day-to-day contact for clients, you will:
- Establish and foster strong relationships with clients, manage client expectations, and address their concerns and requests
- Work with the Director and Creative Director to provide clients with ongoing service, support, and advice they need to help bring concepts successfully to market
- Assist the Director with preparing proposals, estimates, and quoting on jobs
- Prepare timelines, detail scope of projects, and reconcile time on projects to ensure they are on budget
- Take briefs from clients and prepare briefs into the studio
- Uphold day-to-day correspondence with clients and suppliers
- Provide clients with constant feedback on progress to client and colleagues through WIPs, informal catch ups, and client meetings
- Actively engage with work that comes out of the studio
- Assist with execution of the studio’s own marketing and business development campaigns
* We may have another similar, more junior opportunity opening soon too, so if you feel like you might be a tad bit junior but are interested, please apply anyway and we'll keep in you mind for further potential opportunities.
- You can multi-task and remain calm under pressure, easily dealing with constantly changing deadlines and client requirements
- You are a great collaborator and team player who also knows how to work autonomously
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have an interest in marketing, business development, and helping clients succeed
A post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing or Communications, or perhaps you are currently enrolled in a similar course
1-2 years’ work experience in a professional setting in a similar role, preferably experience at a creative studio/agency
- Healthy and positive approach to work
- Reliability – resilience, confidence, maturity
- Enthusiastic and committed
- A willing and supportive team player
- Good people person
- Self-starter demonstrating good initiative
- Design understanding and appreciation
- Familiarity with InDesign is preferable
- Mandarin speaker is an even bigger bonus, but not required
Why work with us?
It’s fun! We work hard but there’s always energy in the room, feeding our drive
Collaboration is everything at BrandWorks; we always help each other to be
better than we ever could be on our own. Our boutique studio is a place where
people come to be supported and gain a wealth of skills.
We work with a range of really cool clients, most of them in the food space, so there are always delicious treats around the office.
Our office is located in the heart of Abbotsford, next to public transport and just a quick walk from the delights of Smith St. and Victoria St.
We operate as a collective, and flexibility is something we wholeheartedly value. As a part-time role we are open to students, freelancers, and those who value a work/life balance.
How to apply?
Please send us your resume and a cover letter outlining why you want to work with us and why you think you’d be exceptional in the role, to: email@example.com
*Please note that only candidates through to the next round will be contacted.
No phone calls about job applications.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.